Selling Your Home with a Game Plan Is a Win-Win.
There’s more to your home’s value than you might think.
Run the Numbers
Zillow, Realtor, Homes.com, GIS, and more — they’re data sites. Yes, they all crunch numbers and indicate a property’s relative value. Hopefully your tax valuation is significantly lower than your actual market value.
- For specific, real-time valuation of any property, an up-to-date market analysis is crucial.
- Overall market conditions may have a significant bearing on a home’s prime location, needed repairs, or lack of staging.
Deferred Maintenance & Repairs
Yes, your home probably needs some work before you put it on the market. No used home is perfect.
- If you can do it yourself, DO! If not, know your budget and timeline for repairs, updating, or upgrades. Not all money or time spent will net a return.
- Work with your agent to determine the best plan.
- Some of our SBRE affiliates may be able to provide you with these services.
Your Plan for Success
Developing a marketing strategy with your realtor is a must:
- List the property to its best advantage at the proper time, and utilize the widest marketing net available. That’s our focus here at SBRE.
- Always prepare and stage your home for presentation to potential buyers.
- We also recommend you schedule open houses in advance.